The Big Community Switch is a collective energy switching scheme in which a large group of local authorities throughout Great Britain join forces. These councils collectively offer their residents the opportunity to group together and pay less for their energy. The more people who take part, the greater our chances of getting a competitive energy deal!
What's the process?
It’s very simple. Would you like to save money on your energy bills and keep the switching process quick and easy? Then all you need to do is:
- Sign up for free to express your interest.
- You can sign up any time from 8 August 2017 up to and including 28 November 2018.
- Energy suppliers are then invited to take part in the auction to bid against each other to offer the best deal. This takes place on 10 October.
- The winning supplier will be the one making the lowest offer. You will receive an email from 20 October onwards with an offer, based on the usage information you have submitted. You are under no obligation unless you decide to switch.
- If you decide to accept the offer you need to let us know before 28 November 2018.
- We then take care of the entire switch for you, meaning the whole thing is as smooth and hassle-free for you as possible.